1. Present contrive experience and their various forms by means of graphic organizer.
2. Compare a model and mock up by the use of Venn diagram.
3. Illustrate with examples the 5 reason why we make use of mock-up, models, specimen and object given above.
Specimen and objects
Are good substitute for realia or real thing. We must admit that direct experiences cannot be made available all the time. Like for Example in exploring the ocean instead of bringing our students in the ocean we can use photographs, films, and animation.
Mock ups and models
Models are representations of real things that are infinitely large, like earth or solar system, or real things that are small, whether animate or inanimate. They may be complete or real things that are small, whether animate or inanimate. Mock-ups are differentiated from models by their usually larger size and by their moving and operating parts.
A simulation is the manipulation of a model in such a way that it operates on time or space to compress it, thus enabling one to perceive the interactions that would not otherwise be apparent because of their separation in time or space.
- Develop changes in attitude
- Change specific behavior
- Prepare for participants for assuming new roles in d’ future
- Help individuals understand their current roles
- Increase the students’ ability to apply principle